MOUNT PRINCETON HOT SPRINGS RESORT
Agnes Vaille Falls
Also see Cascade Creek Trail
Length of Hike: 1.2 miles RT
If you don’t have much time but want to step out into nature, this is an excellent, short hike to a beautiful waterfall. The trail starts at 9,000 ft with an elevation gain of 508 ft. Along your route, enjoy Forest Service picture signs that share the history of the falls.
Mountain goats and bighorn sheep may be seen in the area.
In October 2013, a tragic rockslide at the waterfalls took the lives of 5 local residents, leaving one injured. The local Forest Service has re-routed the trail to meander around the boulders and land you safely at the falls.
For your safety, we ask that you please abide by Forest Service signs and regulations.
Directions to Agnes Vaille Falls
This trail is 4.3 miles west of Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort on CR 162. The trailhead parking lot is labeled with Forest Service Signs on the right side of the road across from Chalk Lake.
10 Hiking Essentials
- Water (1.5 Liters per person per 5-6 hours)
- Snacks (Beef Jerky, nuts, power bar)
- Navigation (map and compass and/or GPS)
- Extra clothing (hat, socks, gloves)
- First aid supplies
- Light (headlamp or flashlight)
- Fire starter and matches/lighter
- CD Rom or mirror, whistle, mosquito repellant
- Emergency shelter (Biffy Bag)
12 popular trailheads in the Nathrop area with hikes for all abilities and age levels. Surrounding areas have additional options for exploring our beautiful valley.