MOUNT PRINCETON HOT SPRINGS RESORT
The Perfect Meeting Place For Business Or Pleasure
Revolving Doors Of Ownership
The Antero Hotel had not opened by 1897. That same year, newspapers listed the new owners as the the Gulf Railroad Company, who also owned the South Park Toll Road.
The railroad announced they would soon open the big hotel.
In Fall 1900, The Heywood Springs Hotel (the name was never changed), was leased to Mr. and Mrs. Sherman House of Michigan who announced they would ‘probably’ open the following spring. By this time, investors had put $40,000 into the structure but had never opened the hotel to the public.
The newly named Mount Princeton Hot Springs Hotel opened and operated a short time, but by October 1904 the property was again for sale, this time offered at “a sacrifice” and “very cheap.”
Six months later, the hotel, now leased to Harry C. Hayes of San Francisco and Mary Surham of Boston, announced plans to furnish the building and to run a daily automobile between the resort and Buena Vista.
Three years later, in 1911, Mrs. S.E. Pritchard and Fred Pattee of Denver, founders of Wyoming Asbestos Company purchased the hotel and grounds.
They announced immediate plans to improve the building and grounds, budgeting $500,000 for the upgrades.
In January 1913, the property was sold again, for $100,000 to R.B. Ruff of Kansas City, D.J.H. Raulston of Denver, E.E. Allen of Portland, and Walter L. Smith of Kansas City.